The results of consultations concerning radio spectrum management concept – Frequencies for 5G
13 september 2018
On 5 July 2018, the President of the Office of Electronic Communications (further referred to as the President of UKE), in response to market expectations, presented information on frequencies in pioneer bands allocated to 5G (700 MHz, 3.5 GHz, 3.7 GHz and 26 GHz). We will publish soon the presentation contains information on the current status of frequency distribution and initial concept for further management of frequency resources.
Stakeholders could submit their positions until 20 August 2018.
As a result of consultations, the President of UKE received opinions submitted by:
- Telbeskid sp. z o.o. (confidential),
- Orange Polska S.A.,
- Związek Importerów i Producentów Sprzętu Elektrycznego i Elektronicznego Branży RTV i IT – ZIPSEE „Cyfrowa Polska”,
- Ericsson sp. z o.o.,
- T-Mobile Polska S.A.,
- Emitel S.A.,
- Krajowa Izba Gospodarcza Elektroniki i Telekomunikacji,
- P4 sp. z o.o.,
- Wojskowe Biuro Zarządzania Częstotliwościami,
- Exatel S.A.,
- Netia S.A.,
- Polska Izba Radiodyfuzji Cyfrowej,
- Polska Izba Informatyki i Telekomunikacji,
- Polkomtel sp. z o.o.,
- Piotr Paprzycki Z.A.E. FERLAB (position submitted on 21 August 2018).
The opinions are published in Polish language on BIP.
The comments collected during consultations will be useful for the President of UKE in further work on the frequency management concept for the purpose of implementing 5G in Poland.