Report on postal activities
23 March 2021
Do you provide courier services? Are you a postal entrepreneur? As a postal operator, you are obliged to submit an annual report on your postal activities to the President of UKE. Check where and when to submit a report and what the information provided by you is used for.
Each active postal operator (entity entered in the register of postal operators) should submit to UKE a report on postal activity in a given year. Currently, there are 298 entities in the register, of which only half are active postal operators. The others either do not conduct postal activity in a given year or have suspended it for a specified period of time. Information and data on postal activities submitted by individual entities are very important not only from the point of view of selecting directions for further development of the postal market, but also for users of this market.
Practical information on the reporting obligation
As a postal operator, you are required to submit to the President of UKE annually, by March 31, a report on postal activities in the previous year. The obligation to submit a report on postal activity, within the same period, also applies to the entity removed from the register for the period of postal activity in a given year. If you have suspended the performance of postal activities, you must also submit a report for the period of postal activity in a given year.
What if you are registered but not engaged in postal activities? If you did not perform postal activity in a given reporting year, remember to provide the President of UKE with a declaration of non-performance of this activity by March 31. Attach the completed Form 00 to your statement.
What does the reporting form look like?
In order to facilitate the collection of the necessary information, a template of the form for submitting the report on postal activities to the President of UKE was developed , together with explanations on how to fill it in. The electronic version of the reporting form, as well as information on how to fill in individual parts of the form are available in the Public Information Bulletin (BIP) on the UKE website: http://bip.uke.gov.pl/sprawozdania/sprawozdania-z-dzialalnosci-pocztowej/
The form consists of six parts:
1. “Form 00. Report on postal activity - information about the postal operator and its resources" - this part is completed by each postal operator obliged to submit a report on postal activity in a given year, as well as by the postal operator who submits a declaration on non-performance of postal activities.
2. "Form 01. Report on postal activities - universal services" - this part is completed only by the operator designated to provide universal services (Poczta Polska S.A. is the designated operator to provide universal services in 2016-2025).
3. "Form 02. Report on postal activity - services included in the scope of universal services ”- this part is completed by the postal operator which provided services falling within the scope of universal services.
4. "Form 03. Report on postal activity - courier items" - this part is completed by the postal operator, that provided courier services.
5. "Form 04. Report on postal activities - other postal services" - this part is completed by the postal operator, who has provided services including letter items and postal parcels, items using electronic means of communication - with a weight and dimensions greater than those specified for universal services, postal money orders, direct mail or non-addressed printed forms.
6. "Form 05. Report on postal activity - access to elements of postal infrastructure" - this part is to be completed only by the operator designated to provide universal services, i.e. currently Poczta Polska S.A.
The report on postal activity in a given year, in addition to data on the sale of postal services (number and value of services) broken down into: universal services, services falling within the scope of universal services, courier items, other postal services, contains information on: average annual employment; number of postal points of contact, including organizational units of postal agents; the number of mailboxes and customer service postal machines; the number and types of complaints submitted, broken down into individual services, the manner of their consideration, as well as the number and amount of compensations paid; access to elements of the postal infrastructure; the actual area of postal activity performed; the period of performing postal activity; legal form of the entrepreneur and contact details; belonging to a capital group.
Remember that the report must be accompanied by:
1. up-to-date list of addresses of postal points of contact, broken down into:
a) organizational units of the postal operator and other separate and designated places where it is possible to conclude a contract for the provision of postal services or collect a postal item or the amount of money specified in the postal money order,
b) organizational units of postal agents;
2. the price list of postal services used in the period covered by the report.
When and how to submit a report
Submit the completed form or declaration to UKE (in person or by mail to the registered office address) by March 31 of each year.
You can also submit documents to UKE via the Electronic Services Platform (PUE) https://pue.uke.gov.pl/#/. Documents submitted in this form should bear a qualified electronic signature or be signed using a trusted profile.
Remember that in the case of sending the parcel at the Polish post office of the designated operator (Poczta Polska S.A.), the date of the postmark is the deciding factor in establishing if the reporting deadline was met, while in the case of sending it in a different way than indicated above or submitting documents directly to UKE, the date of receipt.
Also remember that all documents should be signed in accordance with the representation indicated in the registration documents of the postal operator's business activity (CEIDG or KRS).
Usually, forms or statements are also sent in electronic form to the dedicated address: . Although sending documents in this way (Excel PDF) does not exempt you from the obligation to submit a properly signed report or statement in paper form (or by PUE) within the indicated deadline, but it allows you to check the correctness of completing individual forms and, if necessary, introduce changes, allows you to submit this information in such a time as to enable the proper fulfillment of the reporting obligation.
What if you don't file a postal report
Neglecting the reporting obligation (or submitting a declaration) is subject to a financial penalty. The President of UKE may also impose a fine on the entity that submitted a false or incomplete report (or statement) or submitted it in breach of the deadline, if the nature and scale of the breach constitute a significant obstacle to the performance by the President of UKE of his regulatory and control tasks relating to the postal market requiring the use of information contained in the report or statement.
Warning! If you do not fulfill the reporting obligation for two consecutive years, the President of UKE, pursuant to the provisions of the Postal Law Act, will remove you from the register of postal operators. This means that you will lose your authorization to perform postal activities.
Find out what we use the information you provide us for
The report on postal activity contains a lot of information about the nature of the postal activity performed by the postal operator. The information collected by the President of UKE is intended to present a real picture of the Polish postal market. This goal is achieved through the annual report on the state of the postal market, which is prepared on the basis of information provided by postal operators. The report shows the current value of the Polish postal market, the pace of development of this market, which services are most popular among Poles, and which were most frequently advertised. This year's report will certainly also show us whether the global crisis caused by the pandemic is a barrier to the provision of postal services or, on the contrary, it can provide an impulse for the development of the postal market following the further spread of online commerce.
You can find the report on the state of the postal market in BIP on the UKE website. The President of UKE publishes it annually by May 31.
Remember that the information presented in the report is of aggregate nature and does not show data on individual postal operators. The report is published in compliance with the requirements for the protection of business secrets.
Are the data you provide to the President of UKE subject to disclosure?
The scope of submitted data and information is quite wide, therefore each entrepreneur has the possibility to reserve information, documents or parts thereof containing business secrets, provided at the request of the President of UKE or pursuant to the provisions of the Postal Law Act. Proprietary data and information are not disclosed.
Check if you are required to submit a report on postal activities in 2020:
• you are a postal operator entered in the register and performed postal activities in 2020 - submit a report;
• you are a postal operator entered in the register, but you did not perform postal activities in 2020 - submit a declaration of non-performance of postal activities + Form 00;
• you have been removed from the register or you have reported the suspension of postal activities during 2020 (but until the deletion or suspension you performed postal activities)
- submit a report for the period until the date of removal or suspension;
• you have been removed from the register or you have notified the suspension of postal activities during 2020 (but until the removal or suspension you have not performed postal activities) - submit a declaration of non-performance of postal activities for the period until the date of deletion or suspension + Form 00;
• you are entered in the register, but your postal activity was suspended throughout 2020 (i.e. you submitted an application to the President of UKE for the suspension of this activity in advance) - you do not have to submit any documents.
Remember that the fact of suspending business activities, e.g. in CEIDG, is not tantamount to suspending the performance of postal activities in the register of postal operators (you must submit an application for suspension of this activity to the President of UKE) and does not release you from the obligation to submit a report or statement to the President of UKE.
If you still have any questions, please contact the employees of the Postal Market Department.